Monday, April 4, 2011

Sorry i haven't written

Sorry i haven't written, i am really bad at keeping up with things... i write very sporadically and disjointedly. My best friend writes beautifully and smoothly so her stories are always better but i have accepted that i have no artistic talent.

So this past week was my spring break and i went to West Virginia to work for my sister, see my best friend and to see my horse, Dixie,(it still sounds funny saying my horse). I had an amazing week! We rode almost every day and got to feed our little lamb at Garrets farm(sister Nets BF)... that thing is so adorable you can't put words to it. If you follow Simply Horse-Crazy(a.k.a. Mary) you probably already know what happened to DK (Dream Killer NOT Donkey Kong)'s eye and have seen some pretty nasty pictures of it, but so far it's looking better than it did a week ago!

When we rode Mary and her persuasiveness(pure stubbornness) convinced me to canter Dixie bareback(not my first time but still). Let me tell you Dixie was none to pleased with the notion and decided to bring her attitude along for the ride, but after some serious trotting and a few sassy bucks (you can hardly call them that, she made it like 5 inches off the ground) she cantered for three fourths the arena (very pleasing) and i stayed on always a plus. It may not have been pretty but it was successful so gracefulness is the least thing i'm worried about.

I have more to tell but i'm tired (Mare is rubbing off on me) so i will try super hard to get on tomorrow and if i don't then i will for sure finish on Wednesday! hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear from you, Sammy. Don't worry about not posting too often - I remember what it's like to go to school and ride and everything else. Hectic!

    ReplyDelete